September 15, 2013
Family and Friends!
Boy is it nice to write to you and be able share my journey from the past 4 1/2 days. It really has been a journey. The MTC has been an amazing experience, but also one of the most difficult times I've had. The MTC, like like, is what you want it to be, your attitude will set the mood for your experience. That is one of the first lessons I've learned.
I won't be sharing every detail of the last 4 1/2 days but I will share many details of my first day. My first day at the MTC will really paint the picture for how the remainder of the week has been =).
My arrival time was 2 so my family and I woke up early Wednesday morning and drove from Las Vegas to Provo, UT. We arrived with just enough time to eat lunch, take pictures, and say our goodbyes. After saying bye we drove to the MTC and I was dropped off and was greeted by a sister missionary going to Paris, France on her mission. She was very kind and helpful. After she helped with my luggage I got my MTC welcome "stuff" including my ID card, my badge =), and language package. I dropped things off in my room and then went straight to class. Little did I know getting my stuff would be the easiest and most relaxing thing I would do until today Sunday =). I walked into my class and heard words I did not understand and the teacher just kept speaking in a language that was completely foreign. He never spoke English and hasn't until now except a few words, no sentences. I was lost from the start and things haven't changed much. Right after a ll the new missionaries went to a fireside where the MTC presidency welcomed us. We found out there were 410 incoming missionaries and we came from 16+ different countries. Right after the fireside/devotional was dinner, then we as incoming missionaries were split up into a few groups and in groups we taught not real investigators, but we didn't find that part out until afterwards. I believe when we were done with that it was time to be back at the residence hall and pretty much just had time to get ready for bed and sleep. When I say right after I literally mean right after. At the MTC they scheduled things this way: Dinner 5:15-5:45, class 5:45-9:25.... etc.
It probably would have been more simple to just say the MTC is hectic and I've been nonstop busy but I don't think it would have done it justice. Even with my quick description of my first day it still does not do justice to how busy we are. Don't misunderstand please I love it! All of it! I wish I had more time to study but thats all. This is one of the toughest things I've experienced but it is amazing and life changing. I've learned more about myself, I'm definitely being humbled, and I'm learning what is important. BTW I do have a companion sister Chestnut and she is amazing. Everything is inspired by Heavenly Father. She is from Payson, UT and went to BYU! Yes, its been confirmed I need to be nicer to BYU =) She is 20 and much smarter than I am in Korean. She took two semesters before getting her mission call. She also has a twin who is also going on a foreign mission.
September 16, 2013
Sorry didn't have time to finish this letter yesterday but I am determined to finish is today.
I've learned so much, yesterday we were able to watch Character of Christ by Elder Bednar and it was life-changing! You should all watch it! Oh and Lexi our devotional was with brother Tanner who produced "17 Miracles". I believe this is where I will end my letter for my first week.
I am so happy to be serving the Lord doing His work. I am grateful He gave me (allowed me) this opportunity. My testimony and faith in His gospel has grown more and I've seen His miracles. It's amazing to see the power of righteous young men and women and their faith in God even to teaching a language in such a short amount of time. It is truly a miracle. I know my Savior, Jesus Christ lives and that Heavenly Father loves each of His children. I know He lives! I am excited to share it with the world!
Always,
Sister Tovar
No comments:
Post a Comment