Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 18, 2014

So this past week....



The week started off great because I was able to skype with my family! It was so great to see them live. After skyping we went to a members house where her dog, although, tiny proceeded to attack all of us lol. We finally asked her if she could put him away and she did.

Tuesday- We went to a meat buffet with a few of our English students. It was so much fun! After eating what had to be like 6 steaks we went back to her house to do some Karoake. Sister Fudge with her great voice sang a duet with one of our students while she, the student, also played the piano :). 

Wednesday- So much fun and such a work out! We had Zone Conference on a mountain :) Actually a wall... a historical wall that we hiked up to. It was so much fun! We would stop along the way and receive awesome training! We learned about love & Charity, faith, and hope. It was tons of fun! Sorry I can't say that enough. Now I too have the typical mission hiking pictures :). After the hike I went on a exchange to a different area. That was a lot of fun but also very tiring. But it was great! I was able to talk to tons of people and be able to see a couple of them have interest. 

Thursday-During my exchange we went to do service at an elderly community center. I LOVED it! I love being around the elderly they are super cute and super nice. Our service consisted of delivering food to their apartments. It was fun. 

Friday- We went out for brunch with an American! It was so much fun and we learned a lot about world news lol. That was interesting. Then we went to our weekly English class at the high school!

Saturday- We did a cute role play in our advanced English class of a grocery store. We brought groceries from home to use and then made fake money and cards to make it more realistic. So cute!

Sunday- We had an awesome lesson with Yen! And we extended the Baptismal commitment to her. After having an awesome lesson about why everyone should come to church. And How Christ came for everyone not just those that are righteous. She had an awesome insight that those who aren't on the right path should want to come to church because they need Him, we all need Him and His atonement.
It was a great week, long but great. A lot of lessons still to apply but hopefully someday I'll be able to do apply them. Love you all so much, hope you are all doing well! 

Love,

Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment