Wow another week has flown by. Sister Van Weezep and I were looking at our calendar today and realized we are halfway done with June and almost to July! We were both in shock! This past week has been and adventure and adjustment period for both of us.
Monday started off crazy between Monday and Wednesday we had 10 appointments the bulk of them being on Monday and Tuesday. All because of the amazing Sister Fudge. She is so loved that everyone wanted to say bye to her :).
I'm very sad to report that on Wednesday we had our last English class at the high school. It is something that was requested by our ward since they will be starting an English Class soon on that day at that time. It's very sad but it was for the best. And on Wednesday was Sister Van Weezep's birthday!!! So exciting and my halfway point. Halfway to go-there is still tons to do so I'm grateful for the time :). It's actually funny I've had a few dreams or thoughts about being home and when that happens I just get a horrible feeling because I literally say in the dream or with my thoughts I'm not ready to go home and it's so true. I miss home and my family more than I can say but I can't imagine leaving yet, which is good I guess since I still have a ton of time left.
So Thursday crazy adventure... because well went with a member and her baby out to eat lunch and.... well this guy sitting at the table next to us. I started talking to him and then told him about our church and the English program we had we exchanged numbers, I was going to refer him to the elders. Our member said she had seen him on TV and apparently his mom and sister were crying because of the bad choices he was making in life. He said yes was on TV. He said he had recently converted to Christianity which I thought was good and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then as I was trying to end the conversation to eat and pay attention to the member and my companion. the member makes a joke like oh do you want some of the food and he doesn't take it as a joke and joins our table. Then I just don't get a good feeling so I leave the able to got the bathroom to call our elders but figure out the directions are a bit complicated so I just tell them not to worry about it. Well in the time that I left apparently he called some people to come because he had three girls there and he described each of us. It was way weird. So when I got back to the table. He asked if he could broadcast us live... at that point I couldn't figure out directions to get the elders there so I just said we need to go we have an appointment. Asked for the food to go and left. We went back to the members house to finish eating and well... yeah. We were fine though we didn't see him again and we really were and are great. But it's an interesting story to tell.
That same day we met an awesome man we referred to the Seoul mission and I'm so jealous because I would have loved to teach him and his family. Such a great man. He remembered seeing the missionaries when he was younger and it has stuck with him since because they looked so nice and well kept.
Saturday we had a ward cleaning project. So great!! I love when the ward gets together! Oh and that day one of our forever english students said her husband might be interested in learning english with us. We apparently made an impression when he met us and was so kind to drive us to our next appointment! So cool!!
It's interesting this week has been full of so many miracles I am so grateful for all of them. But this week has also been such a huge growing opportunity. Heavenly Father has definitely given me opportunities to see my pridefulness and how much I need to get over it. I'm working on it. It's hard sometimes but I know it's doable. Learning Korean has been one of the most humbling experiences in my life. I have to rely on my Heavenly Father because i definitely know I can not do it alone. I love it though because I want to change and learn to be who he wants me to be.
Okay quickly, sorry tons happened this week. Sunday Yen was confirmed and is now a member of the church. So exciting! She is excited to keep learning more.
No comments:
Post a Comment