November 3, 2013
Family and Friends!
Wow the past week has been an adventure! =)
So awesome! A few things have happened a)I got my travel plans =) b) I stepped out into the real world as a missionary =) c) there was a great devotional Tuesday =) d) Apparently feet are more important than I thought, who would a thought?
I'm sorry its been about two weeks since I last wrote its just been super busy. Okay so I'll start with my feet first. I had been having some pain in my feet top and bottom so I made an appointment with the foot doctor and apparently I have hyper mobile feet and at some point in my life, not now, I will have to have foot surgery. It is very common so its not too much of a concern but thanks to it I had to get orthotic shoes. So much fun =), no they really aren't that bad. Well this is where going to the outside world comes in. To buy the shoes my companion and I went to Modern Shoe. It was so odd to be in the outside world! A man came up to us and said, "Hello Sister." Small thing but it was so cool to be called a sister! I'm so grateful to be grouped as a missionary it really is an honor.
Okay so now for the big news........drumroll..... I leave November 7 for Korea! That is 4 days from when I am writing this. Crazy right!?!? I'm so excited though and I know it will be great! I don't know the language but I know Heavenly Father will help me because this is His work.
Speaking of missionary work a few days ago I went to infield orientation and found out that only about 2% of all members do missionary work =(. How sad is that? I know I was included in that 2% before my mission but I hope never again. As a missionary I've been able to see how much we really do need members.
The scripture that has been in my head a lot this week is "Lean not unto thine own understanding but trust in the Lord with all thy heart, mind, and strength" (sorry if its not quoted 100% right. Bu the main idea is that we put all our trust in the Lord and our faith in Him. We must learn to lean on Him. Fear is not faith and we have nothing to fear if we have faith in God and if we are doing what we can to show our faith. Enduring to the end is our, is my goal.
I am sorry this is a short letter but I'm sure I'll have more to say next week. I am so grateful for all my friends and for all my family.
Always,
Sister Tovar
No comments:
Post a Comment