Family and Friends,
Sorry I skipped a week of writing it is just chaotic here sometimes.
So this past week we had a visit from the Oaks. =) It was awesome to hear both of them talk. It's funny I thought I would get more from what he said but I was wrong.
Sister Oaks told a story about when she was in the MTC in Hawaii! So cool right? She told us about one experience she had and what she learned. While she was at the MTC she was learning Japanese because that is where she was headed. For those of you who don't know the dynamic of it here is a quick overview. At the MTC you have your bedroom and then you have your classroom which is your home here. Second only to your companion your class or those in your class are the ones you spend the most time with so they are like your family, because of how much time you spend with them. Back to the story, Sister Oaks tells about when her class, all but me, finished their language book and they all understood it, al but one. Because of this they all began to celebrate, cheer and clap and be happy they had finished, he ran out of the room in tears. Their teacher immediately stopped their celebration and said, "Don't you get it? If one of you fail you all fail. You came here to learn to as Jesus Christ love."
That line, "if on of us fail we all fail," really hit home. We have not been put on this Earth to compete with one another we are all together because we are meant to help one another. I love Mosiah 18: 8-10 because it tells us what our baptismal covenants are. If one fails we all fail! But we must remember President Uchtordf's talk, we must respect agency. Some may choose to not accept our help or love which is always heartbreaking but not something we can change.
Which brings me to the next part I loved about her talk, "we are here to learn to love as Heavenly Father (and Christ) love." What does that mean? Well I'm still trying to figure it out but what I understood this weeks is that maybe it means we treat everyone as though they were family. That we care for and about them as if though they were family. Because they are someone's family here on earth and they do have spirits rooting for them just as we all do.
My favorite scripture is 2 Kings 6:15-17 because to me it reminds me of all those fighting for us with us and helping us. Although we may not see them. For me I specifically think of my brother Ramiro David. That is my goal to love all as family to search for them as though they were lost family, to help and succor as though they were family because they are family. God love us all as His children and we must love one another as brothers and sisters.
A question I heard for the second time this week was, "If you were the only one on this Earth do you believe Christ would still have gone through the atonement?" The answer I know to be true is "YES", if I were the only one Christ would still have come down and atoned for me.
This is my testimony that has only become stronger while here. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are aware of me and each of us and I know He loves each of us and that he knows us individually. Heavenly Father has helped me so much, if I didn't have a testimony of Him of His love, of the truthfulness of His gospel I would not be serving a mission. But, I am and I do know this is His gospel, I know Joseph Smith was His prophet and that He restored the fulness of the gospel that Christ had established in His lifetime. I know President Monson is a true and living prophet. I know that everyone can have this knowledge for themselves if they pray sincerely and with faith. "Knock and it shall be opened, ask and ye shall receive." Nothing is easy its not meant to be, but it all will be worth it and we can all find joy in the journey and at the end.
I dont mean to be preachy but this/these are all things I have come to learn and are learning to apply in my life right now. Remember you are never alone, I am never alone. Trust and have faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Always,
Sister Tovar
P.S. I leave for Korea in 2 /12-3 weeks! (as of her writing this letter, as of today she leaves in less than a week!!!!!!) Two letters from now I should have travel plans to write to all. =) (She leaves Thursday to Korea)
No comments:
Post a Comment