December 29, 2013
Family and Friends!!!
Family and Friends!!!
Limited time on the computer is really hard lol. So I am copying and pasting my letter to my mission president, well part of it. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a great New Year! I'll be partying it up in my dreams lol. Tis the season to be happy... always.
My week has been great, the church is true! And Heavenly Father answers prayers and cares. I have two neat experiences to share. The first was earlier in the week during my personal study, my goal for the week was to finish Preach my gospel chapter 1 and I did. Well as I was finishing the last activity of the chapter I feel like Heavenly Father gave me a little gift. This is what I wrote in my journal...
"I am studying preach my gospel working on an exercise on pg. 11 I was about to start reading Alma 8:14-15 but I had the thought to start with Ether 12:13-15 instead of Alma, both were listed in the same activity but Alma is listed first. Either talked all about faith and that it is through faith that miralces are brought to pass. then I started to cry a little because I thought, "Have I been a good missionary? Am I doing all I can? Do I have that faith?" then I turned to Alma and my Heavenly Father responded with Alma 8:15, "Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that adelivered it unto you." I personalized the scripture and changed his name for mine. The Lord is more aware of us than we know. yes He will let hard times happen but He has to because He loves us. When we listen and let Him , He will show us He is here. -Tender mercy from the Lord"
Another really nice experience happened yesterday. A member pulled me aside and told me something she had learned from her time as a missionary. What she said was what I needed to hear. She is moving and last Sunday was her last but I was grateful for her listening to the spirit prompting her to talk with me. She gave me a hug and told me all would be okay. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and the knowledge that I, that we are never alone. This week I have felt His love so strongly and I'm very grateful for that. That is one of the many things I want to share with the world that we do have a Savior and a Heavenly Father that they love us so much that we don't have to do anything alone. I know we all have struggles but that is what we are here to experience and it's during the difficult times that we become strong, the refiners fire, not water. Ether 12:6 is in my thoughts more strongly today.
Sister Sloan and I also saw more miracles as we pushed ourselves to meet our goals for the week. We talked to more than 50 people in the last two days to meet our goal and becuase of the dilligence we should Heavenly Father opened doors. We received numbers and even had someone tell us he would be coming to church on Sunday, and two people say they would come to English class. We taught street lessons which are starting to scare me less. My testimony on stretching ourselves has really grown.
These are the most important experiences from the past week. The more I really let myself and try to see the Lords hand in my life the more I see it. Sometimes I have experiences like the ones above where it is obvious but other times its more subtle. I know Heavenly Father loves each one of you and know that I love you and I am grateful that you are in my life. Let's make some goals this coming year not only to improve our own lives but to help others. I know missionary work is hard, it's hard going up to complete strangers and trying to talk to them about the gospel but this is the greatest thing in my life and the biggest blessing I want others to also have this opportunity. Good luck this coming year I'm sure it will be filled with great adventures! :)
Love Always,
Sister Tovar
No comments:
Post a Comment