Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Second week of 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Okay so again this week I'm out of time as is normal I guess for everyone. 
This week has been good. So first a miracle! This week Sister Goines and I were on exchange on the way home from the Zone Meeting when we met Noble. So on our way home Sister Goines and I were catching up and I was telling how we keep hearing about the awesome stories and I've had some neat stories to but we always long for them. Well we were on the train and said hi to this guy and he said he back and we introduced ourselves and he had heard about us and actually wanted to know more! It was so cool. He is from Africa I believe and he had seen church members before but never talked to them and had heard things but wanted to know what we actually believed. We said we would love to clear things up for him, thank you for asking lol. Well, we ended up pretty much teaching him the first discussion on the train and bearing testimony and he loved it and said I want to know more and I want to go to your church I will come Sunday!! Such a cool experience! I was so happy :).
 
During personal study I read Mosiah chapter 5 and I loved verse 13. Actually as I was sharing it during personal study it came alive even more. I loves that it says, " 13 For how aknoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" One of my favorite stories people tell is the one about two men standing outside of an office after they both died. The first goes in, there is a man standing inside he says to the man who just walked in. Tell me about your life, the other man responds and he tells him what he's done. The man inside the office then asks another question okay tell about Jesus Christ, the other man who walked in to the office tells him about bible and the stories he's read. The man asking the questions says no no tell me what you know about Jesus Christ, the other man tries again he says he was kind, and he healed people and etc. The man asking the questions says okay thank you and let him walk out. He called the next man into the office. The man walked in saw the man doing the questioning and fell to the floor. He said, "My Lord, my Savior." The knowledge we gain about the Savior is great and we need it to improve but what's more important is when we apply it and we get to know Him personally. Being on my mission serving the people of Korea I have been able to feel love for them that goes beyond my understanding. I care for them so much. The more you serve people the more you love them and the more you serve, love, and know your Savior. That's what I've learned a lot on my mission and this scripture Mosiah 5:13 really helped sum up. I love it.
 
Thank you to all of you for your support, and kindess. Thank you for you example to me and everything you teach me. This week I get to go to the temple! I'm so excited. I hope everyone is doing well! Good luck on all your goals for the week and the year!!
 
Sincerely,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment