Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 16, 2014

Family and Friends!! 

I'm sorry it's been a long time since I have written. A lot has happened in the last few weeks :). I have a new companion, 이윤지 자매님!!! She is a native Korean but went to school at BYU- Hawaii so her English is awesome!!  I got to spend Valentines day with my entire zone at zone conference! So much fun! 

We have five investigators we are working right now and they are amazing!! I think I've mentioned them before they are all college students and great people! Four of them are super close friends and we meet with them all together. We invited them to be baptized last week and they said yes if they believe in it or when they believe in it! Such a miracle from where they were at originally. Three out of the four are are not Christian and don't even really know who or what God is so it's super cool teaching them. One of them whose mom I believe I have mentioned before her name is 김은희 자매님 she is the sweetest! She always makes us food to eat! She is also super cool and is a dance coach! Our fifth investigator is actually a return investigator that my companion's sister taught years before when she was serving in this same ward! Crazy right? 

I gave a talk this Sunday! It was a full 12 minutes long! And in all Korean! lol I was so proud of myself, but I have to confess I only read my talk I did not free talk too much of it. I was so nervous but everyone has said they understood it so that's good I think? 

This week I am very excited because I get to go to the temple! 

Something that I have to relearn every day is that it's not up to me to convert anyone, only the Holy Ghost can do that. I do play a major role though because I have to be a clean enough vessel the Holy Ghost can work through me. I have to become humble enough to ask for help and no I can do nothing alone, I have to be submissive enough to listen to the guidance I'm given, and I have to be charitable enough to love everyone. I have to be worthy to have the spirit because if I'm not then they won't feel the spirit when I'm with them. Thankfully none of this means I have to be perfect in any of it :) Heavenly Father accepts our offering even if it is small, as long as it's our best. Missions are hard but they are rewarding in so many ways! My only hope is to share the joy that I have in my life because of this Gospel and the love of my Heavenly Father. 

I hope you are all doing well! As a wise fish once said, "Just keep swimming." :). "When life get's too tough to stand, kneel." We are never alone and for that I am so grateful!! I love you all so much and am grateful to have you in my life!

Love Always,
Sister Tovar




No comments:

Post a Comment