Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

My week

Family and Friends!!!

So I think it was last week that I said no news is good news sometimes, well it's true :). This week has been very eventful but not all of it is good news :( It's okay because I have some miracles to report and somehow those make everything else okay. 

So my week started off on Monday, although I will go back to last Sunday. I went on an exchange to a different area in my zone. Sister Goines and I were eating a sushi roll (korean style) like a taco, so cool! So I wanted to take a picture. So I took it and then thought I put my camera back in my pocket, well turns out it either slid out or well who knows. The point is I lost my camera on the bus. I realized it 10 minutes too late. No one has turned in to the bus company and we have tried posting flyers but nothing so far. I was really sad but honestly probably not as sad as I would have been had I not been on my mission. Heavenly Father comforted me and knew it would be okay.

Then back to last Sunday so one of the less active members we have been working with said she wants to know if the church is true and is going to really try and will learn about it and everything! I was excited huge miracle! She hasn't been to church in over 15 years. Her family is less active too except her dad, I think I told you about her coming to church last week but forgot to mention this other part lol. Well she came again Sunday and will be coming and praying, and reading, and doing her part. This past Sunday her dad thanked me for reactivating his daughter I told him it wasn't me and thank you for introducing me to her. We are great friends now. I'm so grateful to have been able to be Heavenly Fathers tool on this Earth to help that happen. Things like this make everything worth it. 

Also, on the exchange I found out Noble, someone I wrote about about a month ago. Sister Goines (everything seems to happen with her and i on exchange lol) and I found him on the subway and he asked a million questions etc. I told the story before but now the continuation. Sister Goines and her companion were teaching him but had to refer him elsewhere because he moved and he is male. Well it turns out he got BAPTIZED!!! about 2 weeks ago I believe. I was excited to hear that. It is one of those miracle stories you hear at conference, it's true they happen. Not only that Heavenly Father let me be part of one. So cool!!! Now he can go back to Africa and tell everyone in his village about the church and convert them all! Yes, he is that type of person. I'm so grateful to have been able to know him. 

Okay lastly,  transfer calls came!!! Drum roll...... I am moving to cangso zone kimpo ward/area! My new companion is Sister Fudge and she is American. I'm so excited. I'm so sad to leave my first/greeny area but suwon will always be my home in Korea. Saying bye to the members was hard but I know I will keep in touch and I know I have made life long friendships. 

I'm so grateful for this wonderful opportunity I have be here in Korea and serve the people here. I am so grateful for all of you and your examples to me. Thank you for being in my life. I love you all so much! Oh and next week is my birthday.... can you believe it!!!!! the 29th!!!! So excited!!!

Love Always,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment