Wow it's March! I can't believe it. In a week I will have been on my mission for six months! That's crazy. Anyway, so this week...
Well this week hasn't been too eventful which is good :). Sometimes no news is good news. We did have our English party which was great! There are two students who this week we might be putting some pressure on to let us teach them lol in other words we will try to convince them. One of them is a cute mom with her little (he is about 4 or 5 maybe) he is super loud and has tons of energy but he is also super smart! He knows the whole English alphabet. Sometimes I look at the little kids we teach and think how much Korean they know and how I wish they could transfer their knowledge to me lol. Little by little though.
This week I think one of the biggest things I've learned is to appreciate where I am serving. I am serving in Suwon, shinpung (수원 신풍 ward). Every single day I get to walk by the Suwon wall, which looks like a small version of what I imagine the great wall would look like :). And it's long and huge! And I get to walk by ancient gates. It is truly the coolest thing ever. This past week there was a national holiday of sorts in Korea and so tons of people were out and about. Especially in a square (parkish area) across the street from the church. It is called hweasong hangun (sorry I'm not good at translating sounds lol) anyway there is a folk village there (old authentic building and people with old authentic clothes) so cool! Anyway, they perform old school sword fights and stuff so cool. And there is this creek in my area that runs perpendicular to the wall and where they cross is such a beautiful place. That is part of what I learned this week. To appreciate how lucky I am to be serving in this area.
My companion actually is teaching me something, never apologize for sharing the gospel. I feel bad sometimes because we interupt people on their walks or take up their time and she has been telling me not to. We are sharing with them the most important news in the world. Our message is such a joyous and grand message everyone does need to hear it. So why apologize for sharing this. I remember hearing once in a fireside or talk, "Would you feel bad for giving someone $100, probably not so why do you feel bad for giving someone something that is worth so much more than that?" This is the best message we can share with people. I'm am so grateful for my brother in law who decided to share this with my family, because it is the most important thing in our lives. I am so grateful to be so fortunate as to have this opportunity to have this gospel and to share it.
I hope you are all doing well. And I hope wherever you are the sun is shinning and you can feel it's warmth :). I love you all so much and am grateful to have you in my life.
Love Always,
Sister Tovar (토바 자매)
No comments:
Post a Comment