Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 6, 2014; Happy 4th of July!!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a little crazy a little not so crazy... 

It started with Monday going to FHE and having pizza hut and it was so good. Then it lead into Tuesday when we taught Elly who told us she doesn't believe in everything we are teaching her right now. She asked if that was okay and we said of course it is. I told her one of my favorite things about this church and something that proves it's true to me is that we are never asked to blindly believe instead we are constantly reminded and asked to pray and to find out for ourselves about everything. I told her about my family and I and how long it took us to convert. It is sad she doesn't believe right now but it makes me feel good that she trusted us enough to tell us. Later that night we did not have Yen as we usually do because she had the flu this week :( so sad. But she is doing much better. 

Thursday we went to Zone training and that was fun, President Morrise was there. Then Friday we met with someone we met on the Subway on Thursday. She is super nice and great. She is not super interested in the gospel and is actually Buddhist. But she is only Buddhist because her family is Buddhist. So we met her and her name is Claire. We'll be meeting every week :) So exciting. Many members including our stake president started off as English interest only. Then later that night was interviews with President. He and Sister Morrise came to our home and it was great. We had spent all week cleaning thinking they were going to do our cleaning inspection but they ended up not doing it :), but at least it was clean for them. Oh HAPPY 4th of JULY!!! 

Then Saturday well that was an adventure. All I will say is Sister Van Weezep had to go to the OBGYN for the first time in her life. She was super scared and it ended up being not so great. She is okay now and will be fine. 

Then Sunday we ended up giving a member a card and a choco pie because our district leader told us it was her birthday and it ended up not being her birthday. We were a little embarrassed but everything turned out fine lol she laughed at it and thanked us anyways :).

So that was my week not too eventful... but it was great. And guess what... it has been exactly a year and 4 days since I got my mission call to Korea. Back then I had no idea was to expect. I still don't know :). But the slight difference is I do know how much I love this country and these people. I know that I could not imagine my life without Korea and without having served a mission. I am so grateful for this opportunity Heavenly Father and my family have given me. I'm so happy to have this time. I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and support. Hope all is well back in the states or wherever you are :).

Love,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment