Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

General Conference

Family and Friends,

So today will be a short email but I think that's good every now and then. Not much happened this week... which no news is good news sometimes. 

General Conference!! I finally got to hear this past weekend. I was so excited. So because of having to wait for translation Korea watches General Conference a week after the United States, and although I do get to watch it in English we wait to watch it until the rest of the country watches it. It was awesome! My favorite talk was Elder Scott's talk! So good. They are all truly men called of God and women called of God. Our investigators actually went to watch conference and it was super cool because they both got something different and Sister Fudge I also got something different. The cool part is that we all heard what we needed to hear. 

Two things that I will mention. The first is that I loved that they talked about member missionary work. As a member maybe it gets tiring and draining to hear, but as a missionary we pray for those talks. More than that we pray that people will act on them. The best investigators come from member referrals because they have an automatic fellow shipper who is truly invested in the future. Or for members to come to activities so that they can meet the investigators and bring them in. As a missionary you understand you will leave, but members stay and so that is they are the best people for investigators to attach to. Okay sorry that was my shpeal but I really did love that they mentioned it, it was great. 

The second message I will mention is the common running theme, well one of them. We need to be kind and loving to everyone even those that do not believe as we do. Even those who are unkind to us we must always be kind. As a missionary you have a name tag so like the story in general conference regardless of what people do or say we must always be kind and and polite, and smile. But as members we always where an imaginary name tag too. Anyway, I really loved that they mentioned that. 

I hope you are all doing well. Hopefully I'll have some cool adventure to tell you about next week. 

Love,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment