Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week 30

Dear Family and Friends,

This week had a lot less adventures but was still a lot of fun and so good! The week started with us not having pday last Monday because we were able to go the temple this past Thursday. 

Tuesday was what we call our miracle day. We went to the island, which is usually where we have our many adventures take place. We were asked to go to the island because our Mission President and the Stake President were thinking about opening up a group there but wanted all the information we could gather before making a decision. So all six of us in our district went. Our day started with us trying to find a building to have English Class and guess what?? We not only found a place but they had been trying to figure out how to start get an English Class started w/ native English teachers and then we showed up! How cool is that? Then the women we were setting things up with asked about the church and my companion gave her a Restoration pamphlet and explained a bit about it. By the end she asked if she could keep the pamphlet, she said she has no religion but she was curious about it.

Then we were walking around trying to talk to people and we passed this college age guy on the street. We didn't think anything of it but then we passed him again and this time he stopped us. He had bought two strawberry milks and said do you have? We of course said of course of we have time. But can we maybe bring our friends with us to chat? He asked why and we tried to explain to him about the rules with sisters and boys and he said no I like girls lol. Either way I sent a quick text to the elders telling them where to casually run into us just in case. But it turns out he is an awesome guy and he wants to learn more about our gospel. Also, I guess the elders had run into him before but hadn't gotten his number or given them theirs and so Elder Robinson had been praying to run into again so that he could give him their information. And we did! Prayers are answered! 
Lastly, we went to meet up with a less active the elders had found on the island to see if she was interested in going to sacrament if it was closer to her. She said yes and to let her know details when we had them. That was the answer we needed for president to want to start a group, so he did and we are now starting a group on the island! So exciting

Then we had a barbecue with the ward which we found out about at the last minute on Saturday. There was a good turn out which was great, what was even better was that there were almost the same number of investigators and members there :). I felt like a real missionary it was so cool. And the members did a great job at fellowshiping. And the guy setting everything up went all out. It was raining so he essentially with a tent, and fabric built and additional room connected to the building by a door. Then because it was so windy he had to tie strings to cars and then he drilled into the cement to keep it from flying away. He also brought out his massive sound system and started playing cool music like macho man macho man... Then he brought a screen projector and a sound system to play a movie for the kids, which movie did choose? Of course Frozen so yes no I have a seen a total of 15 minutes of Frozen and know pretty much what it is about and how it ends. But I LOVE THE SNOWMAN!!! I want a snowman stuffed animal, but not just any I want that snowman stuffed animal. 

Oh and Avengers 2 is being filmed in Korea! In my mission! How cool is that??
Okay lastly Temple day! It was awesome. We got to see the new movie (I saw at the MTC) but my companion was super excited about it. And then it rained :( so the hike we had planned had to be cancelled. Instead we went to the church building and played games.

One of my investigators is from Singapore and she is awesome! Her husband is Korean and that is why she is here. She is five months pregnant :). She is so awesome! and so nice and laid back. She is an example to me. Her name is Yen and I learn so much from her answers it's great. 

Okay I think that's it :). I miss you all so much and love you so much! Thank you for the birthday wishes and the cards and letters I really appreciate it!  

Love always,
Sister Tovar


No comments:

Post a Comment