Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Peace Observatory

Family and Friends,
This week has been kind of slow because well I finally caught Sister Fudge's cold. So we have had to stay in most of the week. However, we did have one great adventure on Monday. 

Monday we went to the Peace Observatory on the island in our area. It is about 1.5 miles from North Korea. So cool!! No worries I am safe and we are all safe. The Peace Observatory was incredible. It really helped me gain more of an appreciation for the people of Korea. My heart breaks to know 
that the people of North Korea are suffering because of the decisions of a few people. My hope and the hope of many of the Korean people is that one day there will be one Korea instead of two. I'm so grateful for the freedoms we are blessed to have. I'm so grateful for the gospel, and for prayer. I was also able to take some pictures of North Korea.

Lastly, I of course want to mention the boat accident. It is devastating, I suppose it is all over the news there too. We do an English class at a local high school in our area and so were able to find out that high school students in their Junior year go on a trip to Jeju Island. Our students went the week before and flew into the island. It is really sad what happened. Most of the people on the boat were high school juniors. They do this trip that year because the next year all the seniors are too busy studying for the college entrance exam. We were actually in an office cutesy supply store called Artbox and the lady working there was upset because of the boating accident. My companion caught her looking at it and having tears in her eyes. She left a plan of salvation pamphlet. I'm grateful to know I can be with my family forever. 

I hope you are all doing well and I hope you are enjoying the sunshine outside :).

Love,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment