Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

July 27, 2014

Hi! 

Well this week... has been well a roller coaster. Not really though it has just been one of the tougher weeks. 

Started off Monday by going to Gangnam again to take sticker pictures with Sister Sloan-my trainer- before she goes home next month. It was tons of fun! We went to eat afterwards and then went to grab dessert, then realized we didn't have enough time so we quickly left and went to grab a quick ice cream somewhere then went home. During this time I kept having the feeling you should look at your camera and read your emails. I ignored it and said no I need to focus or no that's dumb. Well then we went to the grocery store to buy soap and eggs. Then we rushed to the church for family home evening. Then we got home and did our nightly routine. Well during this time I kept having the same feeling and I shoved it off the same way. So the next morning I was up and get ready and then again the feeling comes back I'm okay fine I'll read them. As I go to get my camera I discover it's gone... :( Yes, I lost my camera. I was devastated. I got permission to go back to Gangnam Wednesday and check for it we called the bus company we went to the grocery store... nothing :( I was so sad. It was hard. Thankfully most of my pictures were back up on a usb. 

Then we had an awesome ward member invite us over Wednesday and she fed us dinner. This member is super active super awesome. We discovered that night she doesn't have much of a testimony and she hasn't really read the Book of Mormon. She joined the church because her husband is a member. So heartbreaking and difficult. So Sister Van Weezep and I want to offer her the lessons all over again or maybe offer to read with her or something. We are not sure what yet but we will try something. The reason I mention this story is because it helped me realize how important it is to gain our own testimonies of the gospel. It's so important to read the Book of Mormon and understand it. And It is so important to never assume that someone has a testimony no matter how active they might be. We always need to strive to help people know about the gospel and how reading, praying, and going to church really bless our lives. We really never know what is going on in people's lives.

Then Thursday we went to a different members house and she has been having some family difficulties. So hard... We called the ward and they helped and are helping her and her family through it or are trying. It reminds me how important it is to be kind in how we treat others always especially the one's we love. One of the best things about this church is that we can live with our families forever, having recently watched the Joseph Smith Movie I'm reminded about something his character says about treating his wife. He says has to make sure to treat her well so that she will want him in this life and the hereafter. That rings so true for everyone we love. Because it is definitely optional for them to want us in their lives. We should treat everyone especially our loved ones as our golden investigator. 

Some good news... a man from English class called Friday said he wouldn't be able to come to class on Saturday but wanted to have us over. We went Sunday for dinner and he wants us to come once a month and do the family English program with him and his family. We said we would love to and we would give them a worksheet with homework they could do in between our meetings. Gospel and English homework... We are so excited for this new family we have the opportunity to help.

Being on a mission is the biggest blessing of my life. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here. I'm so grateful I didn't get what I wanted or thought I needed. Because this is an opportunity I would never want to do without. Heavenly Father really does know what is best for us, even if sometimes we don't like the answer at first or don't' think it is what is right or any of that. He knows so much better than we could ever know. I have so much to work on but I'm learning everyday and I'm grateful He is helping me see how I can do better the moment that I'm in the situation. I can't fully describe this but although it's been a hard week and I'm a bit beaten down by it I'm so full of joy that I'm happy and grateful and hopeful. Thank you all for your love and example. Love you all so much and I'm grateful for you!

Love,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment