Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

August 24, 2014

Family and Friends!!! 

Okay this week first of all I will start with YEN IS HAVING HER BABY TODAY!!!! She is our recent convert and we are so excited!!!! Also, Transfer calls came!!!!!!!!!

FHE was awesome last week. It was a little hectic though. Only one family showed up though and the elders who were in charge that night were running late and it was storming and traffic jams so they didn't know when they would be showing up. Sister Van Weezep and I ended up doing a cute short message and the elders got there in time to do their activity which was making flyers for FHE. It ended up being a super fun night!

Wednesday was pretty much ward day! We met with members all day long and it was great but we got fed a ton. Not complaining because they are super nice and all the food was awesome! At the end of the night we were still full, but then we get a call from our ward mission leader and he wants to meet after our last appointment. He ended up taking us out to eat and it was delicious but I don't think I have ever felt more full in my life :) 

Saturday night we found out transfer calls were being delayed to the next morning :) So we went to bed not knowing. 

Sunday was awesome we gave our talks in church and it was great. I really should have practiced 20 times more than I did but it went okay. I have a question... How can we encourage investigators to come to church?? We ask, we pretty much kind of but not really plead, we pray, we have members invite them, we are just kind of at a loss. Maybe you all have some ideas that could help. Let me know please

Oh and we just started teaching a members son the lessons he is 7 and about to turn 8. It is tradition in Korea to have your children take the lessons from the missionaries before they get baptized :). So cute and so smart! 

Okay transfers..........drum roll...........   Sister Van Weezep is out of here. She is going to Suji. I am staying in Kimpo for another transfer and getting a new companion, Sister Statsny! She is super cute and awesome. I don't know much about her but I'm excited to get to know her!!!

Thank you so much for your kindness and all your help! Missionary work is amazing and it really is such an awesome opportunity! I'm grateful for it. I'm grateful for the gospel and for being able to have it in my life. And the opportunity to have my family believe and know the same truths that I do. 

Love Always,
Sister Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment